Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday Trivia

The answer to yesterday's question is:
Paradise Island, where she is known as Princess Diana. At least, that's how it was explained in the 70's TV series.. In response to one answer to my question, though, I looked in Wikipedia to see if there were some other location listed as her home and got the following information:

Themyscira (pronounced Them-mes-skera) (themyscira-pronounce.ogg pronunciation ) is a fictional island nation in the DC Comics universe, and place of origin to its princess, Diana (better known as Wonder Woman). It was primarily known as Paradise Island, the name given to it by its original creator William Moulton Marston in Wonder Woman and the island's first appearance in All Star Comics #8 (December 1941) until the character's February 1987 relaunch in Wonder Woman (vol. 2) #1.

I am satisfied with Paradise Island as an answer :-)

Today's question is:
The US Bullion (Gold) Depository is located at Fort Knox, Kentucky. Where is the US Silver Depository located?

1 comment:

Steve USMA '85 said...

West Point, NY. I hit a golf ball into it once on my second shot on the 4th fairway. Didn't retrieve it.

Did the same at Fort Knox with my tee shot into the Gold Depository. I liked the sign they had at Fort Knox. On the outside fence facing the golf course, the sign read "Don't even think about getting your ball back!"