Tuesday, December 09, 2008

NEA Offers Up Its Wish List To The Obama Team

They sure aren't subtle, are they? Here are a few:

Support NEA’s principles for NCLB reauthorization.

Increase funding.

Revoke requirement that government contractors post a notice to employees informing them that they are not required to join a union or maintain membership in a union to retain their jobs.

EIA has much more. The only one on that list that I can agree with is the elimination of the Windfall Elimination Provision and the Government Pension Offset, about which I've written before. Many times, in fact.

1 comment:

Ellen K said...

Hey, if they are interested in getting rid of double dippers, how about they look into the number of former retired military personnel do the same jobs they did before retirement for a tidy sum? My uncle was in the Arkansas state park dept and the U.S. Dept. of Interior-he gets two very nice pensions. In the meantime, my Mom, who worked all her life, only gets my Dad's social security check. Go figure. My advice, work for the government.