Sunday, February 19, 2023

Ski Week

My district gets this upcoming week off work.

I don't feel bad about it.  We started the school year in early August.  It's nice to have a couple more breaks in the school year.  I had planned to go camping this week but some health issues got in the way.  Here's hoping for some camping over Spring Break!

Usually I don't bring schoolwork home.  I try to keep a firm line between my home life and my school life.  If I have work that needs to be done, usually I'll stay late at school to get it done rather than bring it home.  I did bring home a few quizzes from late Friday, though, and some statistics projects to grade.  If I spend 20 min a day over the rest of the break, I'll have it all graded.

We're not even allowed on campus this week.  In what is a case of trying to repair the engine while the airplane is in flight, our campus is getting new furniture this week.  I'll probably have to go in next weekend and get my classroom organized so I can teach Monday morning.  Until then, though, it's 20 min/day, and the rest of the time is my own.

1 comment:

Mike Thiac said...

One thing I've disciplined myself to over the years. I'm driving home, as a rule, I see something like an accident, "No, not your business." I'll call it in, but unless it's really bad (e.g, had a roll over I did stop for and told an old woman to stay on the ground), I leave it to the people on duty,.