Saturday, September 05, 2020

What Is The Appropriate Adjective To Describe This Instructor?

I was at a friend's house a couple nights ago, and his son, a former student of mine, told me about his calculus instructor at college--incidentally, the same college at which I'm taking my calculus course.

If I am to believe this student, and I have no reason not to, the instructor said the he's not going to learn how to use Zoom or how to post videos online.  Therefore, he said, the students are just going to have to read the text and learn the material on their own.

6 comments:

PeggyU said...

And the college is paying him for what, exactly?

Darren said...

It seems merely to assign students a grade.

David said...

Adjective should be lazy or fired.

My nephew has a math teacher that refuses to answer any question by email or online. I was like "seriously? I get at least 20 emails a day."

guest said...

Fired might be a good adjective.

-- Ann in LA

ObieJuan said...

Its one of my pet peeves with veteran teachers. Decades of experience doesn't grant you immunity from keeping up with the times.

Ellen K said...

Archaic? Even I know how to post videos and use Zoom and I'm retired. Sounds like someone who doesn't want to be there.