Friday, September 11, 2020

How Smoky Is It Here In The Capital of the Democratic People's Republik?

On my drive home today, in some areas it was like driving through fog.  Nowhere did I have visibility of more than a mile, and usually much less.

I thought I'd take a picture of the haze.  When I activated the camera on my phone I got the message, "Your pictures will look better if you clean your camera lens."  That's how hazy and blurry things are in the greater Sacramento area.

And our idiot governor says this is about global warming. 

2 comments:

Pseudotsuga said...

Nearly all the lefty social media comments about the recent West Coast fires are down for the cause of Glob-- err, I mean climate change.
To them, the syllogism is so simple:
If climate change is real, and climate change = rising temperatures, then fire intensity and frequency would increase.
In the late summer of 2020, fire intensity and frequency have increased, more than EVER (meaning simply since Trump was elected), therefore this is one more data point to prove climate change is real, you stupid Nazis.

Nowhere do they seem to actually want to examine data from earlier times:
Great Fire of 1910 (which set the Forest Service doctrine of fire fighting for the next century)
Tillamook Burn (4 different years)
etc.
Not to mention how environmentalist practices decrying logging, thinning and so on contribute to the size and intensity of the late fires.

And, of course, all the people who have been arrested for setting many of these fires. All the lefties on social media smugly point to the authorities' statements that there is no evidence that Antifa is to blame for any of these fires, no sir, stop spreading rumors!

bwhnter said...

Our governor (another idiot) calls the fires “climate fires” or some such nonsense. We drove one of my kids to Cheney, WA, a small college town near Spokane. The smoke is so bad the air quality is now hazardous, In the late afternoon car lights started to turn on. I have a picture I sent to friends back in central Washington but I don’t see away of attaching photos. The effect is very eerie.