Thursday, November 07, 2019

Try Mine

Our school is built in a typically Californian "ranch style", which means it's several one-story buildings spread out over a couple acres.  It's spread out enough that we have 3 different staff lounges.

Today in the staff lounge that I have frequented for the past 16+ years, we had a "try mine" at lunch.  Anyone else would call it a potluck, but in that lounge it's been a "try mine" since long before I got there.

Chow mein.  Ziti.  Chinese Chicken Salad.  Cornbread with corn kernels.  Potato soup.  Hot apple cider.  And my homemade apple sauce, made with some of the super sweet apples I picked up at Apple Hill this past weekend (even if I can't remember what the super sweet ones are called).  And so many desserts.

Talk about a feast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not fair, I say as I sit here with my peanut butter sandwich!