Monday, November 12, 2018

How I Spent The Day, and What's Coming Up

I didn't leave the house!

A friend crashed here last night, and when we were both finally up I made bacon and eggs.  Late breakfast.

The utility company sent a tree trimming company to trim the trees along my back fence, above which the power lines run.  They asked if they could remove my privet trees, as they grow so quickly (and which, not knowing what they were, I always called "blueberry trees"), and I agreed; it didn't take them long to make my back fence look pretty bare!

My student teacher from last year, now a colleague at work, has moved into a place quite near me, and she came by to pick up an old toaster/oven I had in the garage.  She had a shot of my limoncello, which was (yet again) pronounced to be spectacular.

I watched yet another episode of 3%, my latest binge, on Netflix.  I only watched one episode because...

I finished grading the 90+ stats labs I brought home.  Four pages each, and after grading a bit each day of the 4-day (for me) weekend I got the entire set done.  Sitting on my desk at work is a set of pre-calculus tests, which I have to grade and get entered this week, because...

Our progress report period ends this Friday, with grades required to be submitted by the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.  My son is having surgery over Thanksgiving week, and I'm going to miss work on the Monday and Tuesday after Thanksgiving.  I have to get it all done this week.

My friend and I took advantage of the Veteran's Day offer at Red Robin yesterday.  There's one at Claim Jumper today, and we might go there.

Update, 11/13/18:  Didn't go to Claim Jumper last night, I just wasn't feeling dinner.  And I was able to knock out most of those pre-calc tests today.

No comments: