Thursday, March 01, 2018

Dulles

On Tuesday morning a few of us were interviewed by some education reporters, and then it was time to come home.  I had time to burn at Dulles before my flight, and fortunately a friend reminded me of the Air and Space Museum Annex at Dulles.  I've been to A&S on The Mall in DC but haven't been to this annex.  I'm so glad that's now been rectified.  They have such cool air and spacecraft there.

SR-71



"Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full."  (Straight Outta Top Gun.)

Shuttle Discovery



The B-29 Enola Gay, which dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima.

MiG-21

Concorde

Hawker Hurricane


These are just a few of the aircraft that impressed me there--and it's important to keep in mind that these are in addition to the aircraft/spacecraft in the main Air & Space Museum in downtown Washington!

No comments: