Saturday, January 30, 2016

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Our school's physics teacher put out a call for lemons--he needed them to generate electrical current.  He got far more lemons than he needed.

He put several of the unused lemons in each of our staff lounges--being California, our school is spread out and we have 3 different lounges.  Anyway, the denizens of the lounge I frequent insisted that I take the lemons and make more limoncello.  My limoncello is reputed to be the best on the planet.  I last made some in late 2012, and I still have a little left in the freezer.  This latest request for a new batch means I'll have to start drinking up the original (yay!) so I can reuse the bottles.

Last time when I made it, I had 17 "naked" lemons (no zest) remaining.  Back to the internet I went for a lemonade recipe.  It was so sweet, though, that I noted that next time I'd use only half the sugar.

This time, though, I won't make lemonade.  Another teacher in our lounge said he'd make carbonated lemonade.  He has all the accouterments to do so.  So after I strip all these lemons, taking their outer yellow and leaving their whites, I'll return them to school and let him make the lemonade.

Lots of cooperation going on with these lemons!

No comments: