Sunday, October 07, 2012

Do You Ever Really Stop Being A Teacher?

Not too many minutes ago I heard that fateful ding from my computer--someone has sent me a message on the Facebook.  I went in to check, and turns out it's a former student who had a question about statistics.  A brief explanation about a "sampling distribution" was all that was needed to jog his memory about what I taught him almost two years ago--and now he can cruise through stats in college.

I like knowing that he knows he can still count on my help.

2 comments:

KauaiMark said...

You're one of the good guys!
..Mark

allen (in Michigan) said...

To answer the title, it depends to a significant extent on your inclination but I've heard us human beings referred too as "the learning animal" the corollary to which would be...the teaching animal.