Thursday, May 26, 2011

I've Agreed With Him Before

Former President Bill Clinton provided a stark warning to his fellow Democrats about the consequences of failing to take the lead on issues of debt and deficit.

“The Democrats are going to have to be willing to give up maybe some short-term political gain by whipping up fears on some of these things if it's a reasonable Social Security proposal or a reasonable Medicare proposal,” Clinton said at a bipartisan debt forum in Washington. “We have to deal with these things. You cannot have healthcare devour the economy.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/26/obama-dems-dont-listen-clinton-debt/#ixzz1NToxSCrb
It's hard to say you're "reasonable" if you disagree with the above. And before you say this is the only time I've ever agreed with Bill, I'll point you to this post and this post and this post and this post. When someone not of my political stripe says something I agree with, I note it. I can still disagree with them on the other stuff.

No comments: