Friday, October 19, 2012

The Old Me Is Back!

I got the results of my most recent test in the master's course I'm taking in linear algebra.

When I got an 85% on the first test, and struggled to finish it in time, I feared that perhaps I'd have to fight both the material and the decades--that perhaps it had been so long since I'd been a math student that I would be unable to reprise the success of my undergraduate years.

The 106% on this most recent test makes me feel like I'm back in the game!  There is nothing I can't accomplish today!  Bring on that Middle East--I'm gonna kick ass and take names :-)

Update:  In my euphoria earlier I knew I was missing something but couldn't put my finger on exactly what, but now I've got it.  I can look my students in the eye again, knowing that I'm setting the example which they should follow.  I like feeling that way.  I used to feel that way when I was in the Army.

6 comments:

KauaiMark said...

106% ???

This is MATH we're talking about, right? You got more right answers than listed questions?

Darren said...

There were 8 points of bonus questions.

Mike Thiac said...

So you didn't get 8 bonus points. You have disgraced your name, family, profession for 1000 generations. Do us all a favor and take the final exit. And be quick about it! :<)

Congrats man!

Darren said...

I haven't gotten my graded test back yet, but I believe I *did* get all 8 bonus points. I probably missed one of the 2 pt true/false questions.

Mike Thiac said...

You missed two of the regular questions! I'll loan you a pistol. Be quick about it! ;<)

Darren said...

No, I probably missed a 2-pt t/f question. There were 12 pts of t/f; the other problems were 8-12 pts each.