Friday, October 12, 2012

Master's Degree Update

Today I took my 2nd of 3 tests.  The "review this" list contained a lot of information that wasn't tested, but I spent the whole week learning it anyway!  I have a pretty good feeling about this one; of course, I had a pretty good feeling about the first one, too, and look how that turned out.  Still, I'm optimistic as to my performance on this test.

Two more homework packets, one more test, and then the final exam.

And then I'm 10% of the way done with my master's degree.

3 comments:

Mary J said...

Just curious... All in all, are you glad you're doing the online masters? Yours sounds labor-intensive. I'm looking at starting a program that will require about 15-20 hrs per week. I'm not the breadwinner, so it's more for fun than anything. It's the online M.Ed in Learning and Technology through WGU. I teach full-time and have three kids + husband. Is this doable you think?

Love, love, love your blog!

Mary J said...

Speaking of... Are you glad all in all that you are doing this Masters? Your program sounds pretty labor intensive. I'm looking at starting the online M.Ed in Learning and Technology that will require an additional 15-20 hrs. per week on top of teaching full time with the demands of 3 kids and husband. I'm not the breadwinner, so this is more for fun than anything. Just worried that it will turn out to be more crazy than fun. Are you glad you're doing it? Thanks.

Darren said...

I'll let you know in 5 years whether or not it's worth it! I'm putting in maybe 10 hrs a week for one course, which is why it's going to take me so long.