Sunday, October 07, 2012

Do You Ever Really Stop Being A Teacher?

Not too many minutes ago I heard that fateful ding from my computer--someone has sent me a message on the Facebook.  I went in to check, and turns out it's a former student who had a question about statistics.  A brief explanation about a "sampling distribution" was all that was needed to jog his memory about what I taught him almost two years ago--and now he can cruise through stats in college.

I like knowing that he knows he can still count on my help.


KauaiMark said...

You're one of the good guys!

allen (in Michigan) said...

To answer the title, it depends to a significant extent on your inclination but I've heard us human beings referred too as "the learning animal" the corollary to which would be...the teaching animal.