Monday, May 02, 2011

Junior To Run For School Board

Good, bad, or indifferent, I don't know, but you've got to admire the kid's pluck:
Connor Kurtz, self-described fiscal conservative, aims to win himself a seat on the Daniel Boone Area School District school board. He won't be able to vote for himself in the primary next month, however, because he's only 17.

The Amity Township, Pa., junior turns 18 in September and can legally run in the November election. He faces three other candidates. If he wins, he'll attend a local college so he can serve his full four-year term...

"I realized they don't know what they're doing. They don't have a plan," he told KYW-TV. "It boggles my mind that you can be on the school board without a plan"...

"I believe my age is an advantage," he told the Reading Eagle. "I'm the end user of the services that the district provides. All the decisions the board makes affect me."

2 comments:

Mike Thiac said...

Cool....he probably can't be worse than the professional class out there

PeggyU said...

I think it's good. He's young, but obviously more interested and informed than his seniors. Hope he wins.