Monday, April 25, 2011

Back Seat Driving

I set my phone alarm to go off every 4 hours--all night long--so I can wake up and take my pain drugs. I'm groggy but alive.

What could I possibly be doing up at this hour, you ask? Well, I'm trying to run my classes from home! I've emailed the school secretary as well as the teachers whose rooms are on either side of mine, letting them know where things are and what might can be done in my extended absence. I'm fortunate that our retired stats teacher can cover my classes tomorrow through Thursday so I know my kids will be in good hands. I don't think today will be too much of a problem, and I've told everyone that I'm keeping my phone close to my person in case they need me for something. I hope this back seat driving is more helpful to them than annoying!

The fun starts in 45 minutes, when I call and schedule my first-ever appointment with my doctor and start down the lengthy road of physical therapy.

Update: Can't see a doctor until tomorrow, but there's been a flurry of email activity between my home and school. Tomorrow's test is getting copied, I apparently have a very good substitute today (and a recent retiree from our school for the three following days), and everything's been found right where I said it would be. The news from school has been so good that I can probably just back off now--the plane's pretty much on autopilot now. That's the caliber of people I work with.

1 comment:

Joshua Sasmor said...

Darren - Make sure you take care of yourself first! Skiing injuries are notorious for coming back just as you think the PT is over. Get well soon, and I'm glad to hear that classes are well covered.