Friday, January 23, 2009

I Do Like Reading Things Like This

When President Bush did it, it was evil and a travesty of justice and a shredding of the Constitution. When President Obama does it, it's smart and shrewd and common-sensical:

The Obama administration fell in line with the Bush administration Thursday when it urged a federal judge to set aside a ruling in a closely watched spy case weighing whether a U.S. president may bypass Congress and establish a program of eavesdropping on Americans without warrants.


In this post I'm neither opposing nor defending our government's spying on Americans here in the United States. I'm merely noting how it's not so objectionable for so many people since last Tuesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you personally that I very much object to it, and I don't know one person who approves! I (and many others) disagree with Obama a lot, and this is one of the (more obvious) examples, along with unmanned drones attacking Pakistani villages and not supporting gay marriage. Show me one example of someone praising Obama for warrantless wiretapping. I don't think there will be many, and they're definitely not the majority.

And before you get mad at me for not supporting Pakistan drone attacks, I will say I think it's smarter than sending in human troops who can get killed. And I believe Pakistan to be more dangerous than, say, Iraq or Iran. It's something I don't have a strong opinion about because I don't really know much about it. What's your stance on drones, or Pakistan?

Darren said...

I think Pakistan is full of drones :-p