Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Despise The Stupidity of the TSA With Every Fiber of My Existence

A 4o-minute delay because of a woman's bra?

Nancy Kates, who wore a large underwire bra, told the San Francisco Chronicle the security check by a female TSA agent before JetBlue flight 472 at Oakland International Airport was too invasive.

"The woman touched my breast," Kates said, according to the report. "I said, 'You can't do that.' She said, 'We have to pat you down.' I said, 'You can't treat me as a criminal for wearing a bra'"...

Kates said the incident took 40 minutes, causing her to miss her flight. She arrived in Boston four hours late, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

I feel much safer, don't you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They still allow you to bring lighters on board the plane. It's ridiculous. The TSA is useless. Their rules are arbitrary in an attempt to make me feel safe. I now feel much less safe at airports.

nebraska girl said...

I think the woman is also stupid for wearing an underwire. If you're going to wear something that sets off the metal detector, be prepared to be hassled.

Anonymous said...

how do I get the job of searching bras for 40 minutes at a stretch?

Anonymous said...

Nebraska girl- you must be flat chested. I don't own a bra that isn't underwire. Get real--it was NOT her fault.

SentWest said...

Hmm, I'm in the same situation as anon 8:38, and I've never set off a metal detector.

I've actually never had a problem with the TSA folks, but I'm generally polite and attempt to make their job easier so I can go quicker.