Monday, April 03, 2023

Trip Canceled

I was supposed to go camping tomorrow, but today I got a call from the campground saying a rockslide had closed the road.  I could still get to the campground, but I'd have to drive dozens of extra miles down a twisty-turny road to come in from the opposite direction.  I postponed till June.  Can't find another campground within 2 hours that I really want to visit.

So now it's Monday night of spring break and I am not going anywhere.  Sure, I could go to Las Vegas, but I've been to Vegas plenty of times and don't really have a pressing need to go there.  Palm Springs is ridiculously expensive, as is San Diego.  I looked up places in Florida, the DR, Belize, and Mexico, but the only one that jumped out at me was Cancun--and not only have I been there plenty of times, but a friend from work took her kids (both seniors at our school) there today and it would just feel weird if I decided to go tomorrow too, ya know?

So after spending more than 2 hours at the computer looking at flights and hotels, with nowhere screaming at me to go, I still have no plans.  I texted my son to see if he would like to meet in Vegas for a couple days but don't expect to hear from him till tomorrow.

No comments: