Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Money Keeps Adding Up Even Without A Trip

Looks like the weather in Reno, as well as that over the summit, is going to be on the yucky side later this week, and I'd rather not have the concern about having to put on chains hanging over me like the Sword of Damocles.

That hasn't stopped me from spending money, though.  Last week I paid for a waterbed mattress--I'm giving up the standard mattress after 11 years and am going back to what I've had since I was 13.  Getting my washing machine repaired yesterday was almost $300.  I could easily spend that much on the repairs the repair shop claims are needed on my car; interestingly enough, they didn't find the repair they said I needed when they did a courtesy inspection during my last oil change 6 months ago.

I'm meeting a former student, now a friend, for pizza on Thursday.  We're going to a place he hasn't been before, one I describe as Chuck E. Cheese for big kids!  It's a pizza buffet so I better wear my stretchy pants :)

I've spent a hundred or two on just little things, including a couple presents, but still--I should spend more time and less money!  After all, I have a cruise and a trip to Canada this summer and I don't want to be in the habit of buying things just because I can!

Update, 2/17/16:  Yesterday it was bright and beautiful out.  Today it looks kind of dreary.  I don't know if we'll get rain here in the valley, but I'll bet the Sierra will get some.  I hope it's a lot.  So no Reno trip.


No comments: