Sunday, February 12, 2012

Why He Chose The Tea Party Over "Occupy"

This kid has his head screwed on straight:
The Occupy Wall Street movement touts itself as a movement powered by youth, particularly youth frustrated with the higher education bubble and high unemployment. As a 22 year-old that finds himself between schools (hopefully for just a short time) and between jobs, I fit that niche. Why, then, do I find myself far more at home with the Tea Party movement than the Occupy movement? It’s about the future...

The Occupy movement focuses on short-term issues and believes in antiquated ideas of the 1960s and 1970s...

Occupy is all rage and no vision...

A true youth movement embraces the rebellion in the human spirit. What personifies this better, a movement based on “Don’t tread on me” or one based on asking the government to bail out their lives...

I choose the Tea Party movement because it ultimately asks me to do more for myself, my (future) family and my country. The Occupy movement asks me to admit I can’t face this world, as past generations faced and conquered their world. I am too optimistic to give in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. The "kid" just popped onto the scene, evaluated the pros and cons of both sides, and came to a deliberate conclusion. Or maybe he's a dyed-in-the-wool right-wing ideologue. I wonder which one it is. Let's see:

"About Justin Higgins
Justin Higgins is a 22 year-old student of politics. Justin worked on statewide issue campaigns in Ohio in 2009 and 2010. Justin was co-founder of the Columbus Tea Party and served as a member of the Franklin County Republican Party Central Committee. Now residing in Virginia, Justin is between school and political work."

And there you have it.

Darren said...

Yes, I do have it. And so does he. What do you have? Was that some feeble attempt at character assassination? If so, you have much to learn on the topic from your fellow travelers on the left.

What that he said do you disagree with?