Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Talking Politics In Class

I have a reputation for talking politics in class.  Liberals don't like it when you say anything that's not straight out of the DNC, and they complain loudly, so this reputation is somewhat exaggerated.  In fact, here's how much I talk about politics in class, contrary to popular opinion:
Students in the hall this morning: How could this happen?
Me: The universe owed me. I was due to be on the winning side after 8 years.
Students in the hall this morning: What, you’re a Trump supporter?
That's how much.

Actually, I’m not a Trump supporter, but I am a Trump voter. I can turn into a supporter if he pursues conservative means and ends. If he doesn’t, I’ll have to content myself with knowing he wasn’t the worst possible choice.

1 comment:

Ellen K said...

I must be doing it wrong, all my students think I voted for Hillary.
If they only knew.
Of course I do express conservative ideals regularly.
One kid came in Wednesday moping about "the totalitarian regime" and asked me how I felt and I said "we've had nearly 200 years of peaceful changes of government and this is just going to be another one.