Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Reading Material

Before I left on my cruise I finished reading Pirahna, the 10th book in The Oregon Files series by Clive Cussler.  I took Harry Turtledove's alternative history novel The Great War: American Front on the cruise but didn't finish it until last night.  I now have several days to completely read The Emperor's Revenge, the 11th Oregon Files book, before I head up to Canada.

I won't take any books with me.  I've already put 2 audiobooks on my phone and can play them while I drive; the first is Maze Runner (excellent movie) and the other is the 2nd in a sci fi series.  I should probably get one more, just in case.

I found what appears to be a very interesting Star Trek series on audiobook--and let's not forget my reason for traveling to Canada--but the second book in the series doesn't come out until the end of July, and the third until August!  Doesn't do me a lot of good now.

It's nice to be able to do so much recreational "reading" over the summer.

Update, 7/1/16:  Just finished The Emperor's Revenge, and I leave for Canada first thing in the morning on the 5th.  I didn't download a new audiobook, but rather re-downloaded two that I listened to quite some time ago, one pertaining to military history and the other to Western civilization.

1 comment:

Mike Thiac said...

That is one thing I've noticed, enjoying reading now. As opposed to having to read for my degree program.

Just started "What it takes," about the 1988 election with George H. W. Bush. It starts off with the then VP throwing out the first pitch at the NL starter in Houston back in 1986. And all his boys were there, Neil, Jeb and W. While the man was still drinking. The Secret Service had nightmares with the man! :<)