Friday, June 27, 2014

Blogging Will Be Light The Next Couple of Weeks

Why, you ask?  I'll give you a clue:  I've finished reading the requisite parts of this book :-)

This time, though, I'm not going to put up "best of" posts from the past.  There's a Starbucks near where I'm staying the first week, and the new Chromebook is convenient enough to take over there.  My second location has wifi.

Prepare to be jealous!

The original, which was pretty good:


The new and improved theme song.  Yes, I think it's even better.  Not too sure about the new video, although I like the homage paid to the original:

 

Update, 3/7/23:  Just stumbled upon this post.  The two video clips were the opening themes for the original Hawaii Five-O and the new and improved Hawaii Five-O.

3 comments:

maxutils said...

Well ... you're certainly entitled to your opinion, and the new one is good in it's own way... but... topping the Ventures? No way... the new one is way over-produced, the way-wah guitar solo comletely not in keeping with surf rock ... and for a fair comparison, you need the full version of the ventures ...

maxutils said...

Still, one of the best theme songs ever ... right up there with The Rockford Files ...

Jerry Doctor said...

I've got to agree with max on this one. You're not going to beat the Ventures. I'd have to say the best thing about both the new theme and video is the way they remind me of the originals.

Enjoy Hawaii but don't forget to leave!