Sunday, April 27, 2014

Cast Your Vote!

Soon I'll have an empty white wall that will need something on it. I look around when I shop, perhaps I'll see a picture or painting that will go there.  The room is "comfortable", with olive, brown, tan, and black furnishings, so I need a wall decoration that will complement those colors.

Another thought I've had, since so many of my wall pictures are of places I've been,  is to blow up one of my own pictures, and perhaps have it printed on canvas and framed.  Here are the candidates I've chosen:



Placer County Courthouse in Auburn


Bodie State Park



Mono Lake



Dubrovnik, Croatia



Acropolis, Athens, Greece



Olympia, Greece



Grapes in Ostia Antica




Boards at Lake Tahoe



Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada


If you think any of those are nice enough to hang on a wall, cast your vote in the comments!

Update, 5/2/14:  I also really like these from Amazon:
3-Panel Tropical Palm Tree Sunset
4 Panel Brown Rome Coliseum Premium Cascade Canvas Print
3-Panel Palm Tree Sunset Beach Hawaii

Update, 8/16/14:  This morning I had the wall painted and in a few hours the 3-Panel Tropical Palm Tree Sunset pictures will be hanging.   And just a few minutes ago I ordered prints of the Bodie and Dubrovnik pictures on aluminum to hang in my new guest room.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bodie State Park

maxutils said...

all of those shots are good ... but if my opinion matters, I prefer more abstract ... unless you're TRYING to document something. So definitely Bodie and Tahoe. I love the Auburn shot ... but it seriously creeps me out, too. for certain, not the grapes ... all the colors merge. Put it on a white wall, and you will get nothing.

Anonymous said...

Mono Lake or Croatia.

Anna A said...

I like three of them, in order:

Bodie State Park

Boards at Lake Tahoe

Valley of Fire

Anonymous said...

How about a collage of your pics? That way you can enjoy "revisiting" your adventures every time you are in the room.

Anonymous said...

Croatia

Anonymous said...

Definitely love the boards at Tahoe! Valley of fire is awesome as well!

Mike Thiac said...

Mono Lake

allen (in Michigan) said...

Placer County Courthouse in Auburn first and Dubrovnik, Croatia second.

Anonymous said...

Dubrovnik

Mike Thiac said...

So Darren, who is the winner?

Darren said...

Not enough votes. I'll put out another call on the Facebook.

Teacher gardener said...

Bodie State Park

Jamie said...

Boards of Tahoe

Riley said...

Mono lake if you crop some of the foreground or the Acropolis

Darren said...

The idea for Mono Lake would be to crop some of the foreground as well as the sky, and print it so that it looks like a panorama.

Thanks for the input!

Anonymous said...

Acropolis