Sunday, March 25, 2012

Retaking the SAT As An Adult

I found a good "hook" paragraph here that doesn't include some of the foul language sprinkled throughout the rest of the article:
But there was only one way to find out if I truly am dumber than I was 18 years ago. I had to take the SAT one more time, cold. With no preparation of any sort. And I had to do it under the exact same conditions as before: using bubble sheets, a No. 2 pencil, a standard calculator (I sold my TI-81 graphing calculator after I graduated. OOPS!). And I had to do it in the time allotted. So that's exactly what I did. I went to the College Board and printed out a sample test, then sat down and took it from beginning to end. Here now is what transpired.
How did he do? He scored somewhat higher than he did when he was in high school. His one piece of advice in this obscenity-sprinkled piece?
If you're 35 years old and you're thinking about retaking the SAT as a kind of blog stunt, I would highly recommend you avoid it.

No comments: