Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's Hard Not To Like This Exchange With Romney

A college-aged girl, of course:
"You're all for like 'yay freedom and all this stuff and yay pursuit of happiness,'" said the college-aged girl. "You know what would make me happy? Free birth control."

"Let me tell you something, if you're looking for free stuff that you don't have to pay for, vote for the other guy," Romney told the student. "That's what he's all about."
Yes, I'm familiar with Romneycare. That doesn't change this quote whatsoever.

And do I even need to comment on the intelligence of someone who doesn't think "yay freedom and all this stuff and yay pursuit of happiness" is important?

4 comments:

Connie (aka LOU) said...

Loved that little blurb from Romney. I posted the video to my FB page the same day this Illinois girl voted for Santorum.

Anonymous said...

That's the 'Etch-A-Sketch' position. Romney has the extraordinary gift for ducking and weaving and laying smoke.

"Romney senior adviser Eric Fehrnstrom was asked on CNN whether Romney may be forced so far to the right by rivals Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich in the primary race that it might hurt him if he's the party's nominee in the fall. Fehrnstrom responded: "I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes. It's almost like an Etch-A-Sketch — you can kind of shake it up and we start all over again.""

Darren said...

Whatever. It's still a great, obviously true comment he made.

I've said it a zillion times, the keyboard on which I'm typing would be a better president than the idiot we have now, and Romney would be better than this keyboard.

Darren said...

Connie, I think I finally understand your comment. I'm under the impression that Romney's talking about Obama, not about Santorum.