Friday, April 02, 2010

Cold War Repost

Two years ago today I first published my post called Freedom Is A Little Piece Of Broken Concrete, still one of the posts of which I am most proud. It is a series of vignettes designed to tell about my growing up in the Cold War and how that time impacted my understanding of freedom. I reposted it back in November to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, and link to it again today so that new readers who might be interested can see a little bit of history through my eyes.

3 comments:

KauaiMark said...

1989 was the year we hosted an exchange student from Stuttgart, Germany.

She was here for her first "BIG" earthquake and had to watch the "fall of the wall" on TV from 5800mi away.

Both events caused her to wish she was back home.

Matthew K. Tabor said...

I love that post - I send it along whenever it's appropriate. Google Reader tells me that I view ~10,000 articles/items a month and I'd put it in the top 10 of the best posts I've ever read.

Darren said...

Thank you.