Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pay Raise For University Administrators

California is drowning in debt, but its university administrators are clearly underpaid and need a raise:

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Sunday vetoed a bill that would have barred most salary increases and bonuses for executives at the University of California and California State University systems in bad budget years, such as this one.


I used to be pleased with the fact that I voted for Schwarzenegger. Now I have to content myself that he was the least worst of the options.

3 comments:

silvermine said...

I voted for McClintock. I think he would have been tons better than Arnold.

Darren said...

I do, too, but there was no way he was going to get elected. A vote for McClintock was a vote for Bustamante.

Steve USMA '85 said...

Darren, the article you linked doesn't say that the Governator is going to raise their salaries, just that he doesn't agree with mandating they can not be raised. I'd have to agree with that one.