Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Going To CEAFU Again

For the 3rd year in a row I'll be representing the California Teachers Empowerment Network at the Concerned Educators Against Forced Unionism conference in Washington, DC. You can read my tales from past conferences by typing CEAFU into the search box at the top of this page.

I always try to go a day early to get some DC sightseeing in. Two years ago I made it out to the Jefferson Memorial, which I'd never seen before. Last year, Congressman Lungren arranged for me to tour the Supreme Court and the Capitol. This year, now that renovations are complete, I'm looking forward to going to the Museum of American History. I'd also like to see the National Archives.

I just booked my flight. Sacramento to Denver to DC Reagan and back again--for $260!!! Yes, it's on an airline that is currently in Chapter 11, and a checked bag each way will add another $30 to the total, but that's still an amazing price.

I'm looking forward to the trip already!

No comments: