NBI 33 reads, "NEA will create a committee to explore joining with other associations and organizations interested in public education with the purpose of creating, using the NEA website, a website dedicated to defending public education from negative propaganda in the media."
As Yoda might say: "Do, or do not. There is no 'create a committee to explore.'"
I guess the education-textbook complex never issues propaganda.
* I just liked the vocabulary used in NBI 35, which calls on NEA to educate its members about NCLB and instruct them "in the necessary steps to impede its reauthorization."
Yes, because that's what a good teacher should be doing.
* NBI 39 calls on NEA to publish an open letter to President Bush and the U.S. Congress under the headline "Support our Troops and Their Families – Bring the Troops Home Now." Apparently top-down mandates from non-practitioners are OK when it comes to national defense. Maybe the troops should be consulted before anything is done in their name.
Hear hear! How many times must I say it--consistency is not a strong suit of the left.
Here are a few suggested amendments to the union's legislative program:
* Legislative Amendment 6 would put NEA on record in opposition to voter identification at polling places.
Of course! Because voting is too important to restrict it to only legal, living, American voters.
* Legislative Amendment 8 would have NEA call for the repeal of NCLB.
* Legislative Amendment 10 directs NEA to call on the federal government to restore the old dates for Daylight Savings Time.
Because that's an important component of Darren's pay, benefits, and working conditions.
You people who continue to be NEA members--how long can you put up with this? Surely cognitive dissonance will affect you eventually.