Sunday, June 25, 2006

I *Do* Miss Colorado

At the end of this post I mentioned that I miss living in Colorado. Now I learn what I'm missing there!

BENNETT, Colo. -- Colorado conservatives gathered yesterday to smoke cigars, drink adult beverages and wield firearms, all in the name of the Constitution...

The Independence Institute's fourth annual Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms gathering lived up to its billing as the "most politically incorrect party of the year" as revelers engaged in a series of highly regulated activities without permission or apology. ..

"We're doing this to celebrate individual freedom. And to hack off the left," he (president of a free-market think tank) added. "Whenever the left sees responsible adults having fun, they go into nanny shock"...

Craig Green, a water-rights engineer who attended the event in cowboy regalia, said he came "to celebrate diversity."

"People who do things other people find offensive have the right to do those things as long as they're not hurting other people," Mr. Green said.


I like his kind of diversity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope they used their firearms to gun down a few prairie dogs!

Chris
Minority Member
People's Republic of Boulder