Friday, April 28, 2006

Want To Help Others?

Here are some good causes.

I've already posted about one attempt to solicit my help. In the comments to that post, a fellow blogger has endorsed the organization.

Today I received an email asking me to advertise an event raising money to fight childhood cancer. Follow the link if you'd like to join the team and make a pledge.

I received another email asking me to check out a relatively new (well, restarted) blog. He'll need a few posts in order for readers to get his take on things, but go take a gander at what's there and see what you think.

I learned about the next cause in the Numismatist, the monthly magazine of the American Numismatic Association. This company sells shadowboxes containing, among other things, demonetized Iraqi coins. They subcontract the work to a company that hires developmentally-disabled people, and donate 25% of the proceeds to the families of severely wounded and fallen soldiers. The shadowboxes are kinda pricey, in my opinion, but they look very nice.

So, is pointing these out to you my good deed for the day?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Darren...