Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Teachers

I just watched the new NBC show Teachers. It was truly as bad as I'd heard it was. It's not that I didn't like it because it wasn't realistic, or because it portrayed teachers in a bad light, or because the characters are unattractive. No, I didn't like it because it wasn't funny.

Seriously, I laughed only one time. "You have lobster on Fridays?" "Sometimes we throw in scampi." It was so unexpected that I chuckled. But the rest of the show? Yuck.

And it's by the writers of Scrubs? They obviously used up all their talent writing Scrubs, a truly funny show. Teachers? No way. I can't imagine this will last a season.

1 comment:

Nick Lopez said...

Scrubs is hilarious.

Now that Arrested Development is gone, I don't know if there is a better comedy on TV. The only show that can come close is The Office which is still improving. Plus, Scrubs is in the middle of a mediocre season. Oh well.