Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Sky

A friend came over yesterday morning to help me with my abstract algebra class.  I might almost possess the conceit that I'm beginning to understand something.

As he was leaving, I looked into the sky above the houses across the street--and it looked ominous.  The storm that was supposed to hit Saturday night looked like it was already brewing.  I don't know about the mountains, but last night's rain didn't seem to be much.

This morning there was actual blue sky and sun!  By afternoon it began to give way, and it's already looking kind of dark outside with a few raindrops falling.  Accuweather says rain tonight and tomorrow, and then clear for the rest of the week.

I guess we'll see.  I myself am not done with rain yet, whether or not the reservoirs are full.  Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow in the mountains, as that is our spring and summer water.

I'm tired of living in a drought.  At least I should be able to water my lawn more than 2 or 3 days a week this summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, you really think California would lift restrictions anyway?