Sunday, August 28, 2016

Working For The Weekend



Actually, I'm working on the weekend, and that's something I don't usually do.  With new textbooks and new standards for each of the classes I teach, this is the only way I'm going to be able to keep up with my lesson planning.

I just finished a pre-calculus quiz.  My goal this year is to have all of my quizzes in digital format, so I can quickly alter them if necessary before printing.  Presentation is important, and hand-written quizzes with cut-paste graphs on them aren't as impressive (or as indicative of their importance) as a printed quiz with an embedded graph.

Sure, I'm not going full-hi-tech.  I went to an online graphing calculator and took a screen shot of a couple graphs and/or coordinate axes, cropped them, and put them into the MS Word document that eventually became my quiz.  I'm pleased with the way it turned out.  It looks, for lack of a better term, professional.

2 comments:

Auntie Ann said...

May I ask which online graphing calculator?

Darren said...

I usually use Desmos.com. It's quite good.

If you'd rather have a calculator that's not cloud-based, I like Graph from www.padowan.dk . Desmos is for those who have a Chromebook :-)