Monday, August 15, 2016

Professional Development Today

Culturally Responsive Schools.  I wrote about this PD in this post.

Only 3 things I'm going to say about it in addition to the link above:

1.  It was only 7 minutes into the opening talks before there was a jab at Republicans.  Ha ha--it's ok to joke about minorities, but only if they're not on the approved list of minorities.

2.  The keynote speaker said we need to be less "individualist" and more "collectivist" in our schools.  I kid you not.

3.  I went because I got paid to go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: your number 2, visit invisibleserfscollar.com for an extensive discussion of the elevation of the collective over the individual, as applied to government schools - with links and citations up the wazoo. CC is merely the current iteration of long-desired goals.

Darren said...

Very interesting link, thank you.

PeggyU said...

Totally off topic, but I figured you'd want to read this: https://mathwithbaddrawings.com/

Darren said...

I love that site and link to it occasionally.