Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Blatant Disrespect

Today is Star Wars Day, May the 4th (be with you).  One of my students today wore a BB-8 shirt, which tells me he's aware of the significance of the date.

This same student however, when I asked him to do something, said, "I'll try."  It's bad enough that he said that at all, but to say it on Star Wars Day?  It's bad enough not to heed the words of Master Yoda, but to do so on Star Wars Day?  That's just offensive.   Master Yoda had strong words on the subject:  "Try not.  Do, or do not.  There is no try."

Kids these days are so disrespectful.

2 comments:

Mrs. Widget said...

Most of mine knew. I used to have the "do or do not" poster in my class.

We spent some free time watching Star Wars fan films.

Mike Thiac said...

"I don't believe it!"

"That, is why you failed."