Sunday, March 20, 2016

Freakin' DMV

For the first time in 15 years I have to renew my drivers license in person.  DMV recommends making an appointment, so make an appointment I did.  Or at least, I tried:
System Unavailable
The online Appointment System is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. For further assistance, please call 1-800-777-0133 during normal business hours.
At 9:45 on a Sunday night.  Does anyone think the system is being overloaded at this time, or that scheduled maintenance is being performed?

In California, we pay some of the highest taxes and fees in the country for this.

Update, 3/21/16:  The system is working this morning.   Unfortunately, it's not what you might call user-friendly.  It can tell me the first available appointment time at the DMV office I want, but of course that time is during my working hours.  So I put in a later time and I get the following message:
Sorry, no appointment is available for the date and/or time entered. Please make another selection.
No, it won't show me what dates/times are available.  *sigh*

No comments: