Monday, March 09, 2015

THIS Must Tick Off The Liberals!

Information from a recent Quinnipiac poll:
Fox News has the most trusted network and cable news coverage in the United States, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll released Monday. But network TV is much less trustworthy than it was in the days of Walter Cronkite, American voters say.

In comparison rankings, 29 percent responded that they trust Fox News the most. CNN follows with 22 percent, CBS News and NBC News are at 10 percent, ABC News at 8 percent and MSNBC at 7 percent.

Asked whether they trust the journalistic coverage of each network, 20 percent said they do “a great deal” for Fox, and 35 percent said “somewhat.”
Not getting cable, I don't even watch Fox News--but I'm "accused" of doing so all the time by lefties.  They're just not happy if there's a shred of dissent anywhere--except for their own dissent, which is patriotic, of course.

5 comments:

maxutils said...

You might want to be careful of that…I definitely believe that they came in first in 'most trusted.' But they also come in first in 'least informed.' There is good, there is bad. I do watch FOX news, and my general sense is that if you are watching a straight up news show, they do a really old job. When it comes to commentary? That's where you need to put the filter on I won't watch Hannity, ever, because he's a blowhard idiot ,,, same with O'Reilly but I find him amusing because the entire show is about him and his ghostwritten books (allegedly), But there is some good, too - if Mike Wallace had been a woman, he would be Megyn Kelly. But --I would not take pride in FOX winning most trusted.

Darren said...

Seems to me you're doing what the lefties do--conflating the NEWS shows with the commentary shows.

maxutils said...

I believe I specifically made that distinction … although I should have capitalized the 'n' in FOX News. I agree completely … there news coverage is, in my opinion, mostly fair, generally accurate, and they take on stories which are not covered elsewhere. For commentary, Kelly is absolutely fantastic. And being a Libertarian, I enjoy John Stossel, although he's a loonier Libertarian than me. Huckabee was also quite good. The poll I referred to was restricted to people who used the channel as there only news source …so they were watching both. And the problem is, I know the difference between the two, but…the number of people who believe everything O'Reilly and Hannity say would shock you.

Auntie Ann said...

As bad as Hannity is on TV, his radio show is 10x worse. The only reason he is where he is is because his radio show followed Limbaugh's and he rode the coattails.

maxutils said...

Oh, yeah …his radio show makes O'Reilly look humble. Oreilly, who tonight on his show three times referred to birthright citizenship as a 'law' that Congress could repeal … and the two lawyers he was speaking with corrected him not once.