Friday, January 03, 2014

The Irony Burns Like Candle Wax

I've avoided talking about the group of Global Warmers who, in the Antarctic summer, had to be rescued because their ship got stuck in pack ice.  I don't know why I avoided it, but I did.  Now, however, how can I avoid the story?  According to the BBC:
The Chinese ice-breaker that helped rescue passengers stranded on the Akademik Shokalskiy vessel in Antarctica may now itself be stuck.
The link above, and the commentary below, come from here:
Strangely enough, the BBC devotes almost 1,000 words to this story, but not once is it mentioned what these passengers were doing there. Just seeing the sights? Trying to prove that global warming climate change threatens to melt the polar ice caps and flood Al Gore’s basement?

Who knows? Who cares? Shut up, you climate denier. Now, be a dear and turn up the thermostat, won’t you? It’s positively beastly in here!
Awesome :-

1 comment:

Ellen K said...

I love this story so much I want to embroider it on a wall hanging.