Sunday, December 15, 2013

My Old Frenemy

I went to hot yoga tonight.  I haven't been in a few weeks, but I've been doing it off and on for a few years now.  Never has there been an issue.

Tonight, though, I didn't make it 20 minutes into the class.  The deep, fast breathing, the "vibrating" sensation in my hands--ah yes, I knew the signs.  It has been a couple decades, probably, since I've had to deal with heat exhaustion, but I knew exactly what was going on in that yoga class.  The sensations were so familiar, if so distant in time.

I got out of there with a quickness, and it took quite some time and lots of cold water to feel anywhere near normal.  I even called some folks for a ride home, just in case.

It's a horrible feeling.  And now that I'm home I have to study for my final exam!

1 comment:

PeggyU said...

Good luck on your finals!