Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Technological Nirvana

I finally have the technology setup that I've been seeking for my classroom for years.

70" widescreen TV, big enough for everyone to see everything I project onto it.  Sharp's anti-glare screen is very good.

Capability to project what's on my computer screen up onto the TV.

Elmo document camera wired into the TV--full screen projection when using the Elmo, no black bars on the sides or top/bottom.

It works much better than the iPad Elmo-like setup I had and it's everything I've been trying to get for years.

Nice!

2 comments:

Steve USMA '85 said...

So we should see marked improvement in your student's test scores to justify the investment?

Darren said...

If that were the criterion we'd purchase *no* such equipment for schools, ever. :-) This is a case of "the money was going to be blown on equipment anyway, may as well be blown on my classroom as on the next one".