Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Malodorous Suspension

I completely support this--no other kid should have to sit near someone who reeks:
An eight-year-old Tennessee girl has been sent home from school 24 times this school year because of what her mother describes as her foul odor.

The second-grader's mother, Krystal Hensley, told WJHL.com that officials at the unidentified Washington County school continue to send her daughter home despite attempts to correct the problem.
Honestly, it doesn't matter whose "fault" the stink is, if anyone's.  No one else should have to suffer through that.

3 comments:

Ellen K said...

We have a diverse campus. Some of our students come from cultures where daily bathing is not a habit. I have had to resort to asking the nurse to speak to students in these situations. While sometimes it's an economic issue, just as often it's a situation of ignorance.

maxutils said...

Suspension is infinitely preferable to helping the girl. I'll be looking your blogs up again whe n she's eligible for welfare...

Anonymous said...

I'm 42 and I remember when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade and had the same thin happen to me, come to find out I had a busted ear drum from abuse and it was infected and draining green, the kids tortured me..