Thursday, December 08, 2011

My Jacket

I have a friend who's very active in community theater, both as an actor and as a director.

A year or more ago, he bought a jacket at a thrift store. He needed it for a character in one of his plays. The jacket cost $5.

When the play was over the actor didn't want the jacket, and since it was my size my friend offered it to me. A fleece-type interior and a suede-type exterior? So warm and comfortable! I accepted. The sleeves are a little long for me, so I roll them up a few inches so they don't encompass my hands, but other than that it's a great jacket.

And it's the only article of clothing I wear that elicits comments at work, both from students and from staff. Everyone loves this coat! This week a vice principal told me that if I ever left that coat lying around somewhere, he'd make off with it.

To me it's just a very warm, comfortable coat. But to everyone else, it's the most stylish thing around. Who knew?

Update, 12/23/11: I finally got around to getting a picture of it, although the colors don't look perfect:

It's actually somewhat lighter in color, but you get the idea.

3 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Sounds like it was originally very expensive. :)

Steve USMA '85 said...

Picture of said coat?

Darren said...

I will *eventually* get a pic for you!