Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'm Ticked. This Is *Not* Cool.

My Kindle Fire shipped two days ago and was supposed to arrive today. You can probably see where this post is heading.

Had it been shipped via UPS, I could have tracked that package every step along the way--out of this facility, into this facility, and I'd even know if they'd attempted delivery yet. Sadly, though, it was shipped via USPS, the post office, and as of last night, a day and a half after shipping, this is all the tracking page said:
November 15, 2011 06:50:31 AM CA Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

Loads of information there, no?

We had a staff meeting at work today, and I left at about the time my mailman usually arrives at my house. As I pulled up to my house, though, I saw the mail truck parked a few houses beyond mine. I drove up and talked to him because I didn't want him to drive away without delivery. What did he have for me? Nothing. No Kindle, no yellow slip, no nothing. Uh, what does "2 day shipment" mean if it doesn't arrive in 2 days?

Here's what the package tracking information currently says:
November 17, 2011 01:30:24 AM Hayward CA Departure Scan
November 16, 2011 11:43:16 PM Hayward CA Arrival Scan
November 15, 2011 06:50:31 AM CA Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit
What has it been doing the last 15 hours? Why has it not been delivered?

How incompetent is the postal service?

Update, 11/18/11: According to the tracking information, it reached my city post office last night at quarter to 7. Good job, screw-ups.

5 comments:

scott mccall said...

2 day shipping only considers the time it's in the shipper's hands. it could take a day or 2 for your payment to clear, and only then will most companies ship your product. from then on does the 2 day delivery count. it doesn't include processing time.

additionally, not every post office actually scans the products. so you actually can have a delivery attempt at your door, but the tracking will never indicate it even left the shipper.

yes....usps does suck though.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Ughhhh. Do you have ANY recourse with the USPS? Or is it tough noogies. You've sure had a bad run with companies this past year. :(

Darren said...

It left Amazon's hands 2 days ago.

And no, there's no recourse with the post office. It's not like they'll refund the postage or anything....

brendan said...

how incompetent? well..maybe as bad as UPS. i waited a week for an Amazon delivery from within the state. the good news is they finally delivered it. the bad news is, not to me. it gets worse.they normally park outside my unit to deliver for the complex.but rarely do they think to actually look at the numbers posted on the walls.if they cant read a map or even look around..what good is 'google earth'? the good news is someone in this town got a free criterion collection DVD. hope they like it.sorry to say it is'nt just the government.people these days just dont read directions.

scott mccall said...

you could probably contact the company and file a complaint with them, see if they'll refund or process your request