Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Those Positive, Uplifting Liberals

Don't believe me, take them at their own word:
Ed Schultz, the (white) host of MSNBC’s Ed Show, believes that Republican presidential contender Herman Cain is pandering to “white Republicans out there who don’t like black folks.” Professor Cornell West said that Mr. Cain needs to get off his “symbolic crack pipe” because Cain doesn’t believe racism is a major factor in keeping blacks behind these days. And Harry Belafonte says that Cain is a “bad apple in the black community.”

These statements should be considered along with the ones insisting that Republicans refuse to “put country ahead of party” (Barack Obama), that Republicans “don’t love this country” (Representative Linda Sanchez) and that Republicans who vote in favor of a bill that would prohibit federal funds from being used to pay for any part of a health plan that covers abortion will “be voting to say that women can die on the floor” (Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi).

These recent remarks give you a sense of the lovely, uplifting, and edifying spirit of modern liberalism – which is, we’re told by liberals, the ideology of compassion.
Remind me again who the racists, the dividers, the out-of-touchers are....

1 comment:

W.R. Chandler said...

This one boggles my mind.

If Herman Cain became the nominee, I would vote for him in a hot second.

But as a white, registered Republican, conservative Tea Partier, these guys of whom you have spoken would obviously believe I am a racist.

So, voting for Herman Cain would prove what a racist I am, and I would show everyone what kind of a racist I am by voting for Herman Cain?

I think I just confused myself trying to explain their illogic.