Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ching Chong Ling Long

OK, what's the most entertaining part of the two videos in this post? Is it the "bubble-headed bleached blonde" Valley-girl-type with the attention-getting cleavage who uses incredibly non-politically correct language to describe what we all know she's describing? Is it the humor and wit the Asian guy uses in order to make her look like a fool? Is it his singing, song-writing, playing, and mixing abilities?

You decide.

(OK, I'll admit that I'm also fairly impressed that a college student thinks it's inappropriate to use phones in the library, but I didn't want to include that in one of the choices.)

Update, 3/19/11: I guess this was inevitable:
A student who posted an Internet video of her tirade against the Asian population at the University of California, Los Angeles, said Friday night that she is leaving the school, despite the university's decision not to discipline her.

In a statement to the Daily Bruin campus newspaper, Alexandra Wallace said she has chosen to no longer attend classes at UCLA because of what she called "the harassment of my family, the publishing of my personal information, death threats and being ostracized from an entire community" in the wake of the three-minute video.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

BTW, Alexandra is a proud graduate of Bella Vista High School in the San Juan Unified School District. Just sayin'.

Darren said...

I didn't know that. Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I still can't find one thing she said that was racist.

Darren said...

I didn't think what she said was racist--she didn't judge anyone's value based on their race. She made observations and stereotypes, but racism needs more than that.

Her comments were still mocking and her posting them online for the world to see wasn't very bright.

Anonymous said...

I agree completely, frankly pretty dumb of her to post it. However, I'm appalled that she's being called a racist and receiving death threats. This is ridiculous IMO.

Ellen K said...

I think stupidity is its own reward. Just like those folks on Jay Walking, she will live on forever on the Internet as an empty headed ditz.

Anonymous said...

And what about the stupid people that are threatening to kill her? Or the stupid people that think she's racist? I hope they're happy, they ruined her life.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. FFS, she can't even go to school anymore. Sad.