Friday, December 24, 2010

Ski Report


OK, it's a crappy cell phone video, but you get the idea. The temperature was in the mid- to high-30s all day, only wispy clouds in a crystal-clear sky, and not the slightest breeze. In other words, it was ideal skiing weather.

Long-time readers might recall that the last time I went skiing, two years ago, I did something new on skis for the first time in 20 years--I skied a half-pipe. Yesterday I unwittingly did something I hadn't done in over 20 years--I skied down an advanced trail. Just like 20+ years ago, it scared the crap out of me, and I only did it once.

I don't feel too badly at all this morning. I'm thinking that all the yoga recently has gotten my body used to being twisted and gotten rarely-used muscles into action; combine that with the hot tub last night and I feel probably as good as I possibly could this morning.

If the video is too sucky to see anything, try the pictures in this 2-year-old post about Boreal, only imagine more snow on Castle Peak (centrally visible at 3 and 26 seconds in the video).

2 comments:

Mike Thiac said...

Forgive the ignorance...what is a half pipe?

Darren said...

This is:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Half_pipe_P1570.jpeg