Sunday, November 01, 2009

Poor Frank Rich, He Just Can't Help Himself

Frank Rich is a rabid leftie. Whether it's nature or nurture that made him that way, I cannot say, but he's definitely cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Take yesterday's NYT opinion piece (please!), for example. Republicans who are conservative are Stalinists, according to Rich; he just can't understand why conservative Republicans wouldn't support a RINO for congress. After all, she's a moderate (your opinion may vary). Even though he states "one statistical measure found her voting record slightly to the right of her fellow Republicans in the Assembly", there are plenty of "statistical measures" that show her as out of the mainstream of the Republican Party.

Scozzafava suspended her campaign yesterday because she was coming in 3rd place, behind both the Conservative Party candidate and the Democrat. At that time she freed her supporters to vote for whichever candidate they deemed best. I cannot find where I read that, and FoxNews reported something a little different:

Scozzafava's team pulled the plug on the campaign after viewing the Siena poll, sources told Fox News, adding that there was no pressure from the National Republican Congressional Committee or the Republican National Committee.

Ken Spain, a spokesman for the NRCC, said Scozzafava will now release her supporters to vote for (Conservative Party candidate) Hoffman.


Guess what's being reported today!

Since announcing the suspension of my campaign, I have thought long and hard about what is best for the people of this District, and how to answer your questions. This is not a decision that I have made lightly.

You know me, and throughout my career, I have been always been an independent voice for the people I represent. I have stood for our honest principles, and a truthful discussion of the issues, even when it cost me personally and politically. Since beginning my campaign, I have told you that this election is not about me; it's about the people of this District.

It is in this spirit that I am writing to let you know I am supporting (Democrat) Bill Owens for Congress and urge you to do the same.

That, Frank Rich, is why Republicans and other conservatives couldn't support her. She's not a Republican or a conservative at all. She just wore the label so she could get elected in a strongly-Republican district. I'm glad she was exposed.

I hope the national Republican Party is watching.

And Frank Rich is a fool.

Update, 11/2/09: Talk about a sore loser (and she didn't even lose, she quit)--Scozzafava is doing robo-calls for Owens, the Democrat. The Republicans dodged a bullet this time.

Lefties are saying that Scozzafava shows there no room in the GOP for a moderate. I say it shows there's no room in the GOP for a Democrat. BTW, how welcome is Joe Lieberman, the Democrats' 2000 vice presidential candidate, in the Democratic Party?

8 comments:

allen (in Michigan) said...

From what I've read and heard today Owens still doesn't have much of a chance which carries a message I'm sure the administration and the Dems don't want to hear.

As for Frank Rich, he's just hemmed in. I'm sure he's used every other pejorative the tone of the Times allows so he's kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel. He's largely precluded from calling conservatives Nazis since the edge is off that particular insult from endless overuse.

And consider, referring to conservatives as "Stalinists" comes perilously close to denigrating conservatives by calling them communists.

In Rich's world that's not an insult.

MikeAT said...

One thing I found interesting from the Frank Rich propaganda, err pack of lies, err iditorial, err delusions …dammit, what do you call the typical NY Times fairy-tale!

“The movement’s undisputed leaders, Palin and Beck, neither of whom has what Palin once called the “actual responsibilities” of public office, would gladly see the Republican Party die on the cross of right-wing ideological purity. “

I take it he is speaking of this from Sarah Palin’s acceptance speech from the 2008 Republican Convention.

“So I signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids' public education even better. And when I ran for city council, I didn't need focus groups and voter profiles because I knew those voters, and I knew their families, too...Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska... I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involved. I guess -- I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except that you have actual responsibilities.”

I know the only thing worse on truth, accuracy, consistency and intelligence than the NY Times Iditorial Page are the NY Times news pages. But Little Richy was saying that Palin lacks actual experience of public office while she was a city council member, mayor and governor. You can make that legit criticism of Beck (you can also legitimacy make that criticism of B Hussein Obama…oh did I say a bad thing!), but saying Palin is lacking the experience of public office…that’s bad even for a NY Times writer!

Anonymous said...

Frank Rich has a rich name, but a poor brain.

--chicopanther

MikeAT said...

Darren

You were asking about Joe Lieberman ….here is a posting….http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/independent-sen-joe-lieberman-hell-back-republicans-2010/story?id=8952240

I really like this part of the article:

"Lieberman infuriated fellow Democrats in 2008 by supporting Republican presidential nominee John McCain as well as congressional candidates Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, and Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y.

The moves nearly cost Lieberman his chairmanship of the Homeland Security Committee, but after promising to be a loyal Democrat he was allowed to keep his gavel. Now, he says he'll do it again."

I wonder is Little Richy will put up an article on how the Democrats don’t tolerate moderates and diverse opinion…should I hold my breath.

Anonymous said...

Lieberman is not a Democrat. He lost the Democratic primary vote. He went on to defeat the Democratic nominee for the CT Senate seat. So the Democrat lost and Lieberman won.

Joe (the Bummer) is all about... Joe. He couldn't bear to give up the spotlight.

Lieberman is more Republican than Scozzafava could ever hope to be a Democrat.

Scozzafava didn't want to cede the Republican Party to the wingnut extremists. But Fox/Beck/Palin prevailed in bouncing her for such heresy.

Looks like the voters in NY23 rejected the wingnut. Which has some people wondering: Is Sarah Palin really a Democratic operative?

Could be.

Darren said...

And yet the independent *and* the Democrat were trounced in New Jersey. Let's see, Obama appeared with the Democrats in Virginia and New Jersey, and they lost. He sent slow-Joe Biden to New York, along with the "Republican", and the Democrat won.

The luster's worn off *that* crown, hasn't it?

Anonymous said...

We'll find out in 2012 what luster is where. You'll have Sarah The Rogue; we'll have Obama. May the best candidate win!

I may well donate to the Sarah Barracuda fund. I can't think of a better way to guarantee a second term for Obama.

I am heartened that you mistook yesterday as a referendum on Obama. Turns out, he wasn't a candidate.

Darren said...

Of *course* it wasn't a referendum on his policies, anonymous. It's *never* a referendum on a president's policies when an election is held during his administration, is it?